Terms & Conditions
How do I vote and win?
- Cast your votes for your favourite brands in all categories. For categories with the option of “Others”, you can specify the name of your favourite brand.
- You have to vote in all categories in order to submit your entry.
- Before submitting your entry, please ensure you read through and agree to the Terms & Conditions, Terms of Service and PDPA policies.
- Referring others to participate in the voting increases your chances of winning if he/she successfully votes.
- The HWM + HardwareZone.com Tech Awards 2020 voting contest (the “Contest”) will end on 22 December 2019, 2359 hours.
- The winners of this Contest shall be determined on a random basis.
- SPH Magazines Pte Ltd (the “Organizer” or “SPHM”) reserves the right to select other prize winners if the original prize winners are subsequently disqualified from the Contest.
Terms & Conditions
- Participation in the Contest is subject to the Terms & Conditions set out herein (may be amended from time to time and hereinafter referred to as the “Terms & Conditions“). All details on how to enter the voting and any requirements for the submission of entries, and any further information in relation to the voting shall form part of the applicable Terms & Conditions.
- Entry into this Contest is deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions and any amendments, additions, replacements, variations and modifications hereto, which shall be final and binding in all respects on each participant. Amendments to the Terms & Conditions will be posted at https://techawards.hardwarezone.com.sg/.
- The Contest is open to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents aged 18 years and above.
- By participating in this Contest, each participant hereby represents and warrants that:(a) He/she is at least 18 years old and has the necessary legal capacity, right, power and authority to agree to these Terms & Conditions and he/she is either:– Participating in this Contest in his/her own personal capacity; or
– Contracting as a parent or guardian of a child or ward who is less than 18 years old and who is participating in this Contest, in which event he/she agree as his/her parent/guardian, both in his/her personal capacity and on behalf of his/her child/ward, to be bound by these Terms & Conditions and to be liable for his/her child’s/ward’s acts and omissions while participating in the Contest, and he/she also agrees to ensure that his/her child or ward observes these Terms & Conditions.(b) All of the information provided by the participant to SPHM (including without limitation personal particulars and contact information) is accurate and complete.
- SPHM employees, corporate partner employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate. SPHM reserves the right but does not have the obligation to verify the eligibility of participants. The entry is not transferable. The demise of a participant disqualifies his/her entry.
- Participants may submit multiple responses. However, only one entry from each participant will be considered for the lucky draw.
- Entries to the Contest must not contain any prohibited or inappropriate content including, without limitation, any obscene or pornographic material, or any defamatory statements about any person, company, organization or entity; any content that is obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening or otherwise offensive or objectionable; or any content that violates any applicable laws and regulations. SPHM reserves the right to disqualify at any time any entries which it deems at its absolute discretion to not comply with the specifications, requirements or Terms & Conditions herein.
- All entries must be received by SPHM no later than 22 December 2019, 2359 hours. Any entries received after this time will not be eligible for participation in the Contest. For the avoidance of doubt, SPHM shall not accept any responsibility or be in any way liable for any of the entries including without limitation, any failure of delivery of any materials or for any entries lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or undelivered due to any reason whatsoever. Further, SPHM shall not be liable for any technical, hardware or software failure or incompatibility of any kind that may any way affect any received entry. SPHM will not be responsible for the loss of opportunity to participate due to entries not received or for any reason(s).
- Participants shall bear their own costs and expenses incurred in relation to and/or arising from their participation in the Contest. SPHM shall not be liable for any such costs whatsoever and no reimbursement may be sought from SPHM.
- Prizes will be given out to every 50th submission. E.g. 50th, 100th, 150th, etc.
Note that spammers and other manipulators will be disqualified.
- The judges’ decision in all matters relating to the Contest is final and no further correspondence will be entertained.
- Prizes must be claimed personally with proof of identification provided at time of entry. In the event of any discrepancy between the entry received and the documents produced for verification, the entry will be deemed as disqualified and the prize forfeited.
- If the winner is unable to collect the prize personally, he/she has to issue an authorization letter to authorize another party to collect on his/her behalf. Identification of the authorized person and the winner must be produced at the point of collection.
- Winners are responsible for arranging transport, delivery and insurance of his/her own prize, and all taxes, charges, levies, fees and all other charges in relation thereto.
- SPHM reserves the right to disqualify any participant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that such participant is in breach of any of Terms & Conditions relating to the voting, and to replace any participant if he/she is disqualified.
- Failure by the winner to redeem his/her prize by 30 April 2020 or to produce the required documents for identification upon notification will result in the prize being given to another participant or forfeited and donated to charitable organizations, at the sole discretion of SPHM.
- The participants shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by SPHM concerning, without limitation, these Terms & Conditions, the rules, procedures and regulations of the voting, the award of the prizes and any other matters relating to the voting. The decisions of SPHM on all matters relating to this voting are final, conclusive and binding and no correspondence will be entered into or entertained regarding SPHM’s decision on the same.
- SPHM reserves the right to change the Terms & Conditions herein without prior notice, and participants shall be bound to such changes.
- By participating in this voting, each participant agrees that any and all personal data submitted may be collected, used and/or disclosed to SPHM and its related corporations (collectively “SPHM Group“) for various purposes, including to communicate with the participant for purposes related to the voting, to provide goods and services to the participant upon request, and such other purposes SPHM Group may reasonably deem appropriate, or for such purposes that the participant may have otherwise given his/her consent to the SPHM Group.
- SPHM Group shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death in connection with the voting, or any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). All warranty claims in regards to a prize should be directed to the applicable manufacturer. Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, no representations, warranties, terms or conditions that are not expressly stated in these Terms & Conditions apply to this voting nor in respect of the prizes and all implied warranties are excluded, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the prizes.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and non-cash prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. Prizes are subject to availabilities and their respective terms & conditions. SPHM accepts no responsibility for any tax or other liability that may arise from the prize winnings and has the right to substitute any prize for a comparable prize of equal or greater value to be awarded in lieu, subject to any applicable law.
- All timings indicated in this voting are in GMT +8.
- These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the Singapore Courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.